I’m Lu Bracher Founder, Director and Principal of Real Estate HQ.
I was born in Laos (but I am Hmong) and came to Australia as a refugee in 1980 (and that was a long time ago)
I attended Sydney University and completed my Bachelor of Economics. After several years of running and developing businesses in Sydney with my husband - importing, wholesale/retail and hospitality we moved to Brisbane.
After arriving in Brisbane, I caught the renovation bug - and as I am quite hands on I decided I’d take it a bit further...so I trained as an Interior Designer with CATC in Brisbane, finished my full Real Estate licence with the REIQ and picked up a Cert IV Training & Assessment . I also got accredited in various other property related activities including of all things Covercreting! So you get the gist... it's all or nothing!
My experiences in property are first hand - I have flipped a number of properties and developed a block as well.
As the acquisitions manager for a large investment company in years gone by I also gained extensive experience in the research, pre and post construction and the 'packaging' of house and land in the greater Brisbane area.
You could say “I’m passionate about property” (yes I know you tend to hear it everywhere these days!)
Most of my working life has been spent in self employment and after working for someone else for a number of years it was time to venture out on my own again. So HQ was born!
HQ came from humble beginnings. At the start it was me me and me! Over the years it has grown at times to a rather substantial size but i found at those levels I couldn't keep the personal touch with my Owners as well as keep my family commitments.
So these days I run a smaller more personal business so I can have (if required) enough time for everyone!
What I Am
- Honest - often to my own personal detriment.
- Tough. Believe me when I say property management is not for the faint hearted (it's why there is high staff turnover in the industry). It's my job to make the tough calls on your behalf when required.
- Experienced and skilled 'at a deeper level' across many of the issues that can impact your investment property.
- Fanatical about improvement-my business,my staff and me. We don't always get it right but if we stuff it up we'll fix it up!
- Transparent - I won't hide anything from you.
What I Am Not
- Cheap - if you are only interested in cheap fees then you don't value your investment property.
- Someone who cuts corners - people who keep cutting corners go in circles.
- Unprofessional - I am fully qualified, I am fully accredited, I am fully insured.
What I like
- Action not talk.
- Working with like minded people.
- Mutual trust and respect
- Providing great service to my clients and customers.
- Making sure everyone is on the same level playing field.
What I don't like
- People who think that everything that is going wrong at their rental property is somehow me or my teams fault. We are tenancy managers-we don't own the property and we don't live our tenants lives.
- Cyber bullies who will not engage with me or my team but when a decision goes against them jump online (anonymously off course) and make all sorts of non factual one sided comments. We always encourage stakeholders to seek opinions of fact from any third party sources like OFT RTA QStars or the RTRA ACT. More than happy to back our best practice solutions/processes.
- People who seek an advantage by lying to me or my team.
What I can offer
- Nearly 30 years of business experience
- 15 years of coalface property management experience
- The management of 1000's of rental tenancies and all the machinations that comes with it.
- High level QCAT representation
- Considered professional recommendations
- Best practice solutions
- Property sales
- House and land packages
- Rental appraisals
- Pre purchase recommendations-buying the wrong property in the wrong area can be disastrous for your wealth creation
- Renovation recommendations and project management-based on my own experience and properties I have managed
- Property turnarounds-based on my own experience (including a termite infested property we turned around)
- Sub divisions and why they are not necessarily the river of gold most people think (from my own experience)
- Practical recommendations to help you add value and increase your ROI
- Risk management recommendations
- And a whole whole whole lot more...................
As you can see I am direct, honest and frank which can be a little confronting for some but appreciated by my long term investors.
You'll never hear me 'gilding the lily' as I would rather you know the facts and base your decisions on those rather than on what I think you want to hear.
What happens from here
This website (new one coming early 2020) is never going to be able to answer all of your questions.
If you would like to know more then please use the Contact Form here. (I know its a little informal but it stops spammers)
The process usually starts with a brief chat or a catch up over a coffee.
You'll get to know more about me and how we operate and you can tell me about yourself, your property and your plans.
I can answer any questions you may have. Please note I am not hard sell in anyway. I'd rather walk away as friends than force something to work.
From there I prefer to visit your property (with you in attendance but I realise this is not always possible) so we can both get on the 'same page'. We can discuss any improvements you may have planned and I can make my recommendations for any items that may need attention.
Then the paperwork is signed and we get started.
Lu Bracher – Principal/Director/Owner
B.Economics (Sydney University) | J.P. (Qual) | Licensed Real Estate Agent (Lic No. 3055945) | REIQ Practising Member (No. 30973MF)
Certificate IV Assessment and Workplace Training | Interior Design – CATC | Advisor | Renovator
Interested in a realistic rental appraisal of your investment property?
CALL US NOW
(07) 3135 9080